Translate

Konga 48 Hour Deals

Monday, 20 October 2014

Fighting Temptation - God Permits it

As I write this from my bed after two weeks of absent you may think I have lost interest on this blog, NO! :p. Well, let me say I have been lazy - guilty as charged your honour - Have been edgy for awhile now, I don't know the reason why? So bad of me.

I'm through with my service year, now - I look up to God to perfectly direct my steps. My fellowship leader told me that 'failure is like a puzzle to make a success.' :) That quote really soothe me cause have been worried.

Peter said 'Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.' I told my mentor I was going back to Lagos and He asked 'Wale, what do you want to do for Jesus' - mehn, have been pondering on this!!!

LOVE!!! - I'm devastated with how my life is going now, I feel betrayed. (No discussion).

Fighting Temptation is the rave of this blog, I'll suggest you read the previous post. Fighting temptation is won or lost not by self-will, but at the spiritual level. In 1 Corinthians 10:13, Paul said "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." God allows temptation because He wants that we endure it and vows that a way out is sure.

Peter said "be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour." Satan wants us to fall into temptation because His goal in our lives are:

1. To go to hell with Him

2. To make us ineffective for God

He uses temptation to accomplish his purposes. The very essence and meaning of sin is to miss the mark, and this is accomplished through giving in to temptation.

Do have a great week. To be continued....

Find a bible based church and attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, God bless you.