Translate

Konga 48 Hour Deals

Sunday, 2 November 2014

Fighting Temptation III

On my bed after playing some street football with my ankle hurting. I got back to Lagos last week saturday, of which I should have narrated my journey. Well, let me just say I drove an Opel car and I was oppressed by those latest cars. x_x.

I left Ibadan; the city, I will never forget because I met some great men and women. People of great minds with a very large vision. I love that city and I will some day go back there.

I have a great testimony, let me thank you all for those prayers during my professional exams; which I passed :) I am so grateful. I called my uncle and told Him about my result and He said "Wale, you were destine to pass." I tried to figure why? and I got this passage "Deut 28:13 - and the Lord shall make thee the head,..."

We've been on #FightingTemptation, this will be the third series of fighting temptation. I will implore you guys to check my previous posts to understand what we are talking about. Temptation is everywhere, (I am guilty) even our Lord Jesus was tempted while in the desert and He fought Satan's temptations with scripture (Matthew 4), they are various scriptures about temptation which we can memorise to protect us against falling in our walk. Paul said “...Take the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God” Ephesians 6:17.

1 Peter 4:12
Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you.

Luke 22:40
On reaching the place, he said to them, "Pray that you will not fall into temptation."

Luke 11:4
Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. And lead us not into temptation.

Matthew 6:13
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.

1 Timothy 6:9
People who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge men into ruin and destruction.

1 Corinthians 7:2
But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband.

James 1:13-18
When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;  but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed.  Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.  Don't be deceived, my dear brothers.  Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.  He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.

1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

James 4:1-4
What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don't they come from your desires that battle within you?  You want something but don't get it. You kill and covet, but you cannot have what you want. You quarrel and fight. You do not have, because you do not ask God.  When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.  You adulterous people, don't you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God. (I am guilty) x_x.

2 Peter 2:9
if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.

Well, I used NIV (New International Version) in order for us to get better understanding of the scriptures. There are more of them in the bible.

Welcome to November

Do have a blessed week. To be continued....

Find a bible based church and attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, God bless you.