Translate

Konga 48 Hour Deals

Wednesday, 9 July 2014

Love is giving

"If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn't love others, I would be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal." 1 cor 13:1 (NLT). Love in hebrew is 'Ahava', it means two words 'I give' and also 'love'.
Which simply says that love is giving. Giving is a condition that creates and sustains love, without giving, there is no connection that is sustaining.

If I study my bible very well then the word; love in the above passage is only been translated in KJV as 'Charity'. Charity can simply be showing love, mercy and kindness to others.

"Jesus said unto him, thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." Matthew 22:37. I ponder on this passge alot because I wonder how people tend to observe the great law of God without even observing the second one which is the least of God's laws.

Jesus is the perfect demonstration of the love of God for mankind, John 3:16. Jesus has paid all our debts , the only one outstanding is the debt of love to God, and to our neighbour. Eph 5:29, perfect way to love our neighbour is just as we have love ourself instinctively.

How hard is it to love your enemies? Remember, we were once an enemy of God but unmerited grace has He given us, likewise we must have compassion on our enemies, Matt 18:32-33. Luke 6:26-36 talks about God wanting us to love our enemies. And in 1 Corinthians 13, Paul actually gives us a definition for love. He even says that we can have everything there is to have, but without love we have nothing.

Doing charity is one of the primary way we can show our love for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, God bless you.