Translate

Konga 48 Hour Deals

Monday, 22 September 2014

My God and I...

Hello people, like I have readers. :) This past week has been really tough. My exams starts tomorrow, I'm not scared because I have Christ in me.

I'll be having a 7-series post very soon but I don't know when; I'm still praying to get direction on what I showed write about.

I want to share a testimony basically it's my walk with God. It starts like this; have been a church goer - a chorister, a brigade boy, a sunday school attendee etc. I remember I have always gone to church along with my granddad and later with my grandma. It was more like a routine for me, that every sunday I must go to church and that's all. (That's the only day I carry my bible, of which I'll have to find it on sunday morning).

I had a lot of difficulties in doing somethings back then which I still find difficult but the HolySpirit helps me now, like; reading the bible (boring), prayer time (yawning or I sleep off), fasting (eat very well).

Now, I sit and think of the terrible things have done like go to a pub before or after a church service to take a booze, those times I thought I was having fun. I remember we do quote a scripture to back it up (I wish I could remember the passage but NO!)

I love this phrase 'what if', what if I wasn't admitted to Crawford to have my undergraduate degree, where would I have ended up.

2011; Somethings just happen and you don't have explanation for them. Like the word said in Galatians 1:15 - called me by his grace. That was the time I had to surrender all to Him, commit my life to Him fully. That was it, I had conscience immediately but I was still living a life of moral basically it was an attrition initially.

The Lord help me. He saved me from the pit of hell and gave me life. The HolySpirit is my guide, now, I don't do anything without the approval of God, now, I pray...now, I read my bible...now, I know God. I've different kinds of messages from 1976-till date. Who says walking with the Lord is easy? But it is worth it. Now, I'm in love with Jesus because He has been in love with me before I knew Him (He loves YOU too).

¨Remain in Me, and I in you. Just as a branch is unable to produce fruit by itself unless it remains on the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in Me¨ John 15:5

I'm still growing in faith. I have to be like Jesus (Matthew 5:48). I'm like a baby, a baby doesn't just start to walk, it starts to crawl after which it attempts to walk; everytime the baby falls, the mother helps the baby up again. Now, I've an helper (HolySpirit), my friend; each time I fall short (often but not again :d) He is there to help me up.

Do I still find the Bible boring while reading? Sometimes
Do I still eat during a fast? No
Do I still yawn while praying? Yes
Do I get shy when I want to share my faith with someone?  YES (a big yes)

"Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you" James 4:8

"If God be for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31

Walk with God is not easy but it's worth it. If we draw nigh to Him, He'll not cast you off but give you a warm embrace. If God is on your side, and you are on His side, there is nothing nobody can do.

Know that you can't serve God and not make a mark in life, I'm a testimony. I hope my walk with God will inspire you.

I'm a winner

God bless you irreversibly.

(Find a bible based church and attend)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, God bless you.