What a week it had been, I had a great examination. It was GREAT! I'm still on the praying mood for the 7-series post coming up.
Let me start with a joke; x_x
"Every ten years, the monks in the monastery are allowed to break their vow of silence to speak two words. Ten years go by and it’s one monk’s first chance. He thinks for a second before saying, “Food bad.” Ten years later, he says, “Bed hard.” It’s the big day, a decade later. He gives the head monk a long stare and says, “I quit.” “I’m not surprised,” the head monk says. “You’ve been complaining ever since you got here.”
Don't mind me, I just had to copy Joel Osteen, He likes to start most of His preaching with a joke. Probably that's why I had to try this out. x_x Hope it was funny. :)
Of recent, my bible reading has been from the Contemporary English Version and it's good trying it out. Have been a fan of King James Version, Amplified Bible Version, New Living Translation and Eugene Peterson (The Message). Reading the Word from different version gives a better meaning of the Word. You can try it!
"Dear friends, God is good. So I beg you to offer your bodies to him as a living sacrifice, pure and pleasing. That's the most sensible way to serve God." Romans 12:1 CEV
You can be poor and still go to hell, you can be rich and still go to hell. Same way you can be rich and make it to heaven or poor and make it to heaven. The condition of making heaven is if you are truly Holy. - Pastor E A Adeboye
There are rewards for living an Holy life, I know living an holy life in this an unholy life can be so difficult but with the help of the HolySpirit, it will be 'so very' easy. Jesus said we have to be perfect like our father in Heaven is perfect. Being perfect is like having all A's in an examination, where your report card has no red mark in it. That's my little understanding of it.
In 1 Peter 1:13-16, Peter writes to believers, "Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance, but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior; because it is written, 'You shall be holy, for I am holy.'" Peter is quoting from Leviticus 11:44 and Leviticus 19:2.
The greatest reward for living an holy life is that You'll see God. (Matthew 5:8)
Have a great week ahead.
Find a bible based church and attend.

Thanks for the reminder...
ReplyDeleteI have tagged the word 'holiness' in my mind.
Uniquely different with Fredilia
The word just keep ringing on my mind... God help us all because it's not easy living an holy life in this unholy world. Romans 12:1-2 - tells it all.
Delete